Wilmington's Premier Martial Arts School
Pursuing Excellence Since 1997
Welcome to Cape Fear Martial Arts Center
The Cape Fear Martial Arts Center. Since 1997 we have been providing the highest level of martial arts education in Wilmington, specializing in Hap Ki Do.
Hap Ki Do (Pronounced like Hop-Key-Dough), which is translated as "The Art of coordinating your inner strength with your outer strength" or "The Art of coordinated powers", is a Korean martial art which dates back to 372 AD.
As a traditional martial art, Hap Ki Do has been fine tuned over centuries to develop it’s practitioners with a greater set of tools than just fighting skill. Through meditation, discipline and focus, Hap Ki Do students develop a far greater control over their physical and mental state. These tools should be fostered to carry over into all areas of ones life.
Hap Ki Do is a complete self defense system which allows the trained user to defend themselves in any situation. Hap Ki Do does this by seamlessly incorporating many different aspects of martial arts into what is respected worldwide as one of the most real world applicable martial arts. Hap Ki Do uses the following types of techniques with devastating effectiveness to detain or disable a single opponent or a group of attackers:
- Joint locks, throws and chokes to redirect an opponent’s strength and momentum against them
- Pressure points to aid in breaking an opponent’s strength and focus as well as cause serious damage with the more vital pressure points
- Dynamic kicking and punching designed to maximize the power delivered through correct body motion and position
- Grappling techniques designed to finish an opponent if you are taken to the ground
The road to a Black Belt Life is quite possibly the most challenging and rewarding path which I have ever undertaken. I say the path because that, not the Black Belt itself is both the challenge and the reward. A Black Belt is merely the symbol of the path of dedication, focus, struggle and success that will shape a person into something more than they thought possible. It is this path that you must embrace to truly become a Black Belt. When you have made the conscious choice to become a Black Belt and put in the work you will:
- Live with confidence and belief in yourself
- Enjoy friendships based on respect and understanding of a common goal
- Have the knowledge to live with health and longevity
- Know not only how to follow but to LEAD
- Exhibit focus and concentration through any distraction
- Think with the calm mind necessary to solve problems under stress
- Draw from an inexhaustible Inner Strength to overcome life’s obstacles
- Empower yourself with the creativity and drive to set and achieve higher goals in every area of your life